How to use "star" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "star" in popular movie and book plots
- She lives on Golter, a planet orbiting a star in an isolated planetary system with no nearby galaxies. - Against a Dark Background
- Various trinkets were hidden in the cake for the children to find; one of these was a star the Cook discovered in the old spice box. - Smith of Wootton Major
- He must make contact with Beychae, an old colleague, in a politically unstable star system to further the aims of the Culture in the region. - Use of Weapons
- His wife fails to reveal she is now Mademoiselle Georges, a famous opera star and the mistress of Napoleon Bonaparte. - Anthony Adverse
- Giulio promises to make Mary a star if she will allow him to control her life. - One Night of Love
- This area turns out to have a binary star system. - Foundation and Earth
- Their planet is "rotated" out of three-dimensional space without their star - effectively an act of genocide dooming them to freeze to death. - Have Space Suit—Will Travel
- On the way there, she tells Taverner that she knows he is a TV star and reveals copies of his records. - Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said
- The ship visits several star systems. - Time for the Stars
- A year later, Eve is a shining Broadway star headed for Hollywood. - All About Eve
- They regard the star Lucifer (formerly the planet Jupiter) as their primary sun, referring to Sol as "The Cold Sun". - 2010: Odyssey Two
- Enterprise receives a distress call from an observatory in orbit of the star Amargosa, where they rescue the El-Aurian dr Tolian Soran. - Star Trek Generations
- Scanning old recorded transmissions from the 1970s, the super-AI finds an AI transmitting from the Alpha Centauri star system. - Neuromancer
- ); and Carlotta Campion, a film star who has embraced life and benefited from every experience. - Follies
- He steals a star to take with him, as the Starkeeper pretends not to notice. - Carousel (musical)
- Vaughan's ultimate fantasy is to die in a head-on collision with movie star Elizabeth Taylor. - Crash (J. G. Ballard novel)
Meaning of "star" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "star" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "star" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "star"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word star below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.