How to use "stolid" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "stolid" in popular movie and book plots
- Although cool to the idea of marriage for quite some time, Hesper ultimately obtains a divorce from Evan and marries the stolid Amos. - The Hearth and Eagle
- Five men wake up inside the stolid confines of a factory to find themselves locked in this claustrophobic nowhere land. - Acid Factory
- She relents, but Sebastian refuses her, confused about his feelings colliding with his stolid sexuality. - Cruel Intentions
- The planet Pao is a quiet backwater with a large, homogeneous, stolid population ruled by an absolute monarch: the Panarch. - The Languages of Pao
Meaning of "stolid" in English
- having or revealing little emotion or sensibility; not easily aroused or excited
- he remained impassive, showing neither interest in nor concern for our plight
- a silent stolid creature who took it all as a matter of course
- her face showed nothing but stolid indifference
Meaning of "stolid" in Hindi
- भावहीन ( Bhavahin, bhaavaheen, bhawahin)
Synonyms of "stolid"
Discuss anything about the word stolid below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.