How to use "success" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "success" in popular movie and book plots
- After success in the North Africa campaign, Patton and Bernard Montgomery separately come up with plans for the Allied invasion of Sicily. - Patton (film)
- During her short time as queen, Jane tries with some success to reconcile the Princess Mary with Henry. - The Six Wives of Henry VIII (BBC TV series)
- " Meanwhile, Harold has been hiding his lack of success by sending his girlfriend expensive presents he cannot really afford. - Safety Last!
- Harper and Powell share a cell where Powell, soon to be released, tries without success to learn the location of the stolen money. - The Night of the Hunter (film)
- Notre Dame continues its football success with a backfield of stars dubbed "the Four Horsemen". - Knute Rockne, All American
- Tresckow convinced him to go on with it even if it had no chance of success at all, "The assassination must be attempted. - Claus von Stauffenberg
- While Jock begins to woo Queenie, Hank is upset that Queenie is building her success on her looks rather than her talent. - The Broadway Melody
- Jo has success earning money with her writing. - Little Women
- He escapes and makes his way to Chicago, where he becomes a success in the construction business. - I Am a Fugitive from a Chain Gang
- Banky smiles sadly at seeing his old friend, who silently congratulates him for his success on his own comic. - Chasing Amy
- He lets Brontë believe the interview was a success and the two go their separate ways. - Green Card (film)
- However, one success is not enough for the showman. - The Great Ziegfeld
- The show is a success but Clare feels uncomfortable as people constantly mention both her illness and her surgery. - Developing (film)
- The operation is otherwise a success and Raven is recovered, but the investigation into Jay continues. - The IPCRESS File
- ' While on the phone reporting her success Mary's shoe heel gets stuck in a manhole cover. - The Wedding Planner
- The mission proves to be a success and Godzilla is destroyed but many mourn Serizawa's death. - Godzilla (1954 film)
Meaning of "success" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "success" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "success" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "success"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word success below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.