How to use "sure" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "sure" in popular movie and book plots
- Now turning 19, they all graduated from high school the year before and are not sure what to do with their lives. - Breaking Away
- Randall, still in civilian clothing, is not sure where to go, with the civilians or with the Marines. - Wake Island (film)
- speech, so they can be sure of privacy. - To Be or Not to Be (1942 film)
- Ben and Shaft go to the apartment where Marcy Jonas is being held to make sure she's alive. - Shaft (1971 film)
- After Max sells 25,000% of the play to his regular investors (dozens of lustful little old ladies), they are sure to be on their way to Rio. - The Producers (1968 film)
- After examining photographs of Dietrichson, Jackson is sure the man he met was not that old, but at least 15 years younger. - Double Indemnity (film)
- Wimsey is sure that Tallboy killed Victor Dean, but does not want to unmask him until the gang is rounded up. - Murder Must Advertise
- Now sure he is the one they are looking for, they ensnare him with chains and tear him to pieces. - Hellraiser
- When the Peacekeeper Grand Chancellor considers surrender, Grayza kills him and takes over to make sure the war continues. - Farscape
- Norton scoffs at the story, however, and as soon as possible, he makes sure Tommy is moved to another prison. - Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption
- Thea, a pianist and the second eldest, is courted by wealthy Ben Crowley (Frank McHugh), another neighbor, but she is not sure she loves him. - Four Daughters
- Benjamin recognizes the foolishness of the action; sure enough, the Continentals are decisively routed. - The Patriot (2000 film)
- Gaia reveals that it has engineered this situation because it wishes to do what is best for humanity but cannot be sure what is best. - Foundation series
- Rochester is then sure that Jane is sincerely in love with him, and he proposes marriage. - Jane Eyre
- Once he is sure the others can escape, Obi-Wan allows himself to be killed. - Star Wars (film)
- Catherine flees, sure that she will be punished. - Northanger Abbey
Meaning of "sure" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "sure" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "sure" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "sure"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word sure below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.