How to use "take" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "take" in popular movie and book plots
- While a Hungarian man named Sandor Szavost tries to seduce Alice, two young models try to take Bill off. - Eyes Wide Shut
- After a group of crazies destroy it, the group returns to the street and encounters Cabbie, who offers to take them across the bridge. - Escape from New York
- Unable to convince the others of what happened, she asks Ash to take her into town for the night. - The Evil Dead
- Following orders not to take prisoners, the captain gives the command to back the ship away. - Das Boot
- Purple Tentacle escapes to resume his quest to take over the world. - Day of the Tentacle
- Lucca explains that Kid is Schala's clone, sent to the modern age to take part in Project Kid. - Chrono Cross
- He steals a star to take with him, as the Starkeeper pretends not to notice. - Carousel (musical)
- Lucilla shares minds with Rebecca, who promises to take the memories of Lampadas safely back to the Sisterhood. - Chapterhouse: Dune
- Lobo is reluctant to take part in this experiment, and Vornoff uses a whip to re-assert his control over his slave and assistant. - Bride of the Monster
- He follows it and instead finds a stray black cat deciding to take it home. - Batman Returns
- After a quick chase to a parade float storage yard, Buffy finally confronts Lothos, shortly after she and Pike take down his gang. - Buffy the Vampire Slayer (film)
- She appears at the rock with all forty-nine of the inmates, or “Cookies” in tow, intending to let them take some of the water. - Anyone Can Whistle
- We don't want to take the world by storm. - All Quiet on the Western Front
- Tarrou tells Rieux the story of his life and, to take their mind off the epidemic, the two men go swimming together in the sea. - The Plague
- They take Alex outside of town, brutalise him, and abandon him there. - A Clockwork Orange (novel)
- Napoleon sends for a van to take Boxer to the veterinary surgeon, explaining that better care can be given there. - Animal Farm
Meaning of "take" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "take" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "take" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "take"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word take below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.