How to use "theory" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "theory" in popular movie and book plots
- Julie goes to the docks to tell Ray her theory but he is dubious. - I Know What You Did Last Summer
- Correcting an erroneous theory of Lestrade's, Holmes remarks that it is the German word for "revenge". - A Study in Scarlet
- Poirot's focus is upon a wasp that has been seen in the compartment and which provided evidence for the original theory of the cause of death. - Death in the Clouds
- That night, he returns to the temple to spend the night there and confirms his theory that Nip is actually a spirit. - A Chinese Ghost Story
- It is an excerpt of William of Ockham from Opera Theologica in which Ockham explains his theory of intuitive cognition. - Human Nature (film)
- At the meeting Belbo was reminded of the Colonel's conspiracy theory by the words of a young woman who was apparently in a trance. - Foucault's Pendulum
- He tests his theory out on his landlady, whom he successfully makes disappear. - The Mind and the Matter
- Hardly less glamorous are the art critics, each of whom has a pet theory about art. - Riders of the Purple Wage
- When his executioners argue after killing Farrell, Jim escapes and spots a NATO aircraft flying overhead, proving Farrell's theory correct. - 28 Days Later
- At first, Tommy's theory is laughed off, until another resident, Les Goodman, tries unsuccessfully to start his car. - The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street
- On September 10, 2015, Miyamoto confirmed a fan theory stating that the entirety of Super Mario Bros. - Super Mario Bros. 3
- The coroner now concurs with the mayor's theory that the girl was killed in a boating accident. - Jaws (film)
- Keyes tells Neff of his theory outside Neff's apartment, while Phyllis hides behind the door. - Double Indemnity (film)
- His radical theory is dismissed by most doctors, particularly his most vocal critic, Dr Charbonnet (Fritz Leiber, Sr). - The Story of Louis Pasteur
- MacReady explains his theory that every piece of the alien is an individual organism with its own survival instinct. - The Thing (1982 film)
- They both approach fellow doctors and town authorities about their theory but are eventually dismissed on the basis of one death. - The Plague
Meaning of "theory" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "theory" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "theory" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "theory"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word theory below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.