How to use "thing" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "thing" in popular movie and book plots
- mr Bullock realizes his daughter has orchestrated the whole thing and sees the policemen out. - My Man Godfrey
- He says that she does not have to go and that he does not want "that thing about [her] that [he] like[s]" to change. - Manhattan (film)
- The only thing keeping the besiegers at bay is a formidable gun emplacement on the left rampart. - The Last of the Mohicans (1920 American film)
- He sits among the wreckage, playing the only thing in his apartment left intact: his saxophone. - The Conversation
- I have no control over this evil thing that's inside me - the fire, the voices, the torment. - M (1931 film)
- He decides the only thing he can do is leave again. - Farscape
- Alice has invited Tony, his father, and his mother over for dinner the next evening, and it is the only thing on the entire family's mind. - You Can't Take It with You (play)
- As the camera rises just before the blade falls, Carton's voice is heard, saying, "It's a far, far better thing I do than I have ever done. - A Tale of Two Cities (1935 film)
- He says she planned the whole thing to get rid of Thursby, by getting him into a fight. - The Maltese Falcon (novel)
- When Frank tells him such a thing would be highly unlikely, Bobby's feelings of despair intensify. - Saturday Night Fever
- Back in Aquaria, they find that the wakewater doesn't work, and reviving the crystal is the only thing that will save the town and Spencer. - Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
- Before they head out into the space, Creator asks that they leave it one thing from them. - Radiant Silvergun
- Tuesday - Don slips out and pawns Helen’s coat - the thing which had first brought them together - in order to buy a gun. - The Lost Weekend (film)
- Lyle looks at Alvin's mower-tractor contraption and asks if Alvin had ridden that thing just to see him. - The Straight Story
- Mary, who has given up on true love, insists that life isn’t a fairytale and marrying Massimo is the right thing to do. - The Wedding Planner
- Queequeg's coffin comes to the surface, the only thing to escape the vortex when Pequod sank. - Moby-Dick
Meaning of "thing" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "thing" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "thing" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "thing"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word thing below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.