How to use "under" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "under" in popular movie and book plots
- Then Barbara is depicted trapped under a tree, while the room around is in a chaotic state. - Glen or Glenda
- Georgia is under martial law, and life has taken on a new and more frightening tone. - Gone with the Wind (novel)
- Inside, the barrels of gunpowder were discovered hidden under piles of firewood and coal. - Guy Fawkes
- Sid uses the seventh spirit to bring Aki's infection back under control, reviving her. - Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within
- While getting ready for bed, he hides the stolen book under his pillow. - Fahrenheit 451
- He settles himself under a couch. - The Metamorphosis
- Elizabeth characteristically delayed in acting on the matter and he was detained under house arrest for a short time. - Edward de Vere, 17th Earl of Oxford
- He takes Kid under his wing, brainwashing her to believe the real Serge (in Lynx's body) is her enemy. - Chrono Cross
- Over a month passes, and preparations for the summer clambake are under way ("June Is Bustin' Out All Over"). - Carousel (musical)
- The General was supposed to bring his niece, Bertha Rheinfeldt, to visit the two, but the niece suddenly died under mysterious circumstances. - Carmilla
- However, the Drakh blackmail him into accepting a Drakh Keeper, under threat of the complete nuclear destruction of the planet. - Babylon 5
- In South America, Pamela Isley is working under dr Jason Woodrue, experimenting with the Venom drug. - Batman & Robin (film)
- The next morning, Barry, under disguise as the Chevalier, is escorted from Prussian territory by Captain Potzdorf and other Prussian officers. - Barry Lyndon
- Black militiamen under a white leader ransack the Cameron house; the Cameron women are rescued by Confederate soldiers who rout the militia. - The Birth of a Nation
- (“I've Got You to Lean On”) A mob quickly forms outside the hotel, and Hapgood and Fay, still disguised, take refuge under the rock. - Anyone Can Whistle
- The animals remain convinced that they are better off than they were under mr Jones. - Animal Farm
Meaning of "under" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "under" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "under" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "under"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word under below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.