How to use "up" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "up" in popular movie and book plots
- Louise has grown up to be lonely and bitter. - Carousel (musical)
- Crono stands up to Lavos but is vaporized by a powerful blast, after which Lavos destroys the Kingdom of Zeal. - Chrono Trigger
- As Jen exits to gather up an antidote for the poisoned dart, Mu Bai prepares to die. - Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
- Janet wakes up to find herself a prisoner of Vornoff, who uses hypnosis to put her back to sleep. - Bride of the Monster
- Batman soon works up the ladder, even attacking Flass while he was accepting a drug dealer’s bribe. - Batman: Year One
- Bruce offers to let Nygma come up with schematics for the device and set up a meeting with his assistant. - Batman Forever
- Batgirl shows up and defeats Ivy, and reveals that she is Barbara Wilson and knows the location of the Batcave. - Batman & Robin (film)
- As the umbrella takes her up into the sky, Catwoman narrowly cheats death again as she falls into a rooftop greenhouse. - Batman Returns
- With the help of corrupt police lieutenant Max Eckhardt, Grissom sets Napier up to be killed in a raid at Axis Chemicals. - Batman (1989 film)
- Fed up with the war, Barry deserts the army, stealing an officer courier's uniform, horse, and identification papers. - Barry Lyndon
- Frank takes Jeffrey to a lumber yard and when he molests Dorothy, Jeffrey stands up to Frank by punching him. - Blue Velvet (film)
- As Roy starts to die, he chases Deckard through the building, ending up on the roof. - Blade Runner
- Cora is too caught up with his logic to care. - Anyone Can Whistle
- The night before he is to return from leave, he stays up with her, exchanging small expressions of love and concern for each other. - All Quiet on the Western Front
- He urges the congregation not to give up the struggle but to do everything possible to fight the plague. - The Plague
- Mr Frederick, one of the neighbouring farmers, attacks the farm, using blasting powder to blow up the restored windmill. - Animal Farm
Meaning of "up" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "up" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "up" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "up"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word up below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.