How to use "violence" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "violence" in popular movie and book plots
- The film portrays a world rife with violence against women, high female unemployment, and government oppression. - Born in Flames
- The moderate Sikh Ujjal Dosanjh had spoken out against violence by Sikh extremists. - Air India Flight 182
- There are some setbacks, such as violence against the protesters and Gandhi's occasional imprisonment. - Gandhi (film)
- Peters sends Leyden away to spare him from witnessing the violence to come; then shots are heard. - The Mask of Dimitrios
- Upset by the violence and cruelty, Violet seeks solace from Corky. - Bound (1996 film)
- The mob violence has tempered his character. - Napoléon (1927 film)
- Vittorio gives 47 his rosary and begs him to give up his path of violence and death. - Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
- He later takes part in several missions, though he continues to have difficulty throughout the film with the violence of his new job. - Anarchists (film)
- Chib's exhibition dissolves into violence as his friend Omar Runic declaims an improvised poem in tribute to Chib's latest work. - Riders of the Purple Wage
- After deciding nothing, except that violence is good, they disperse. - Babes in Arms
- Ben's violence becomes more and more random until he kills an acquaintance in front of his girlfriend and friends during a birthday dinner. - Man Bites Dog (film)
- While Max and Charles keep a lookout, John detonates the bomb, causing the party to erupt in violence and gunfire. - Marked for Death
- Alquist yields, agreeing to kill and dissect, which completes the circle of violence begun in Act Two. - R.U.R.
- David used the accident as an excuse to quit football because Audrey did not like the violence of the sport. - Unbreakable (film)
- The violence towards Manuel caused rare negative criticism of the show. - Fawlty Towers
- As photographers snap pictures, Alex daydreams of orgiastic violence and reflects, "I was cured all right". - A Clockwork Orange (novel)
Meaning of "violence" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "violence" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "violence" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "violence"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word violence below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.