How to use "war" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "war" in popular movie and book plots
- Robert returns to Washington,C, to give his prepared speech on a "10-point plan" to win the war on drugs. - Traffic (2000 film)
- Control is given to a NORAD supercomputer, WOPR, programmed to continuously run war simulations and learn over time. - WarGames
- Also, without an heir, the Tudor line would end; the risk of civil war between rival claimants was a possibility if Elizabeth died childless. - House of Tudor
- With his own views on theology, Lewis goes on to describe and discuss sex, love, pride, gluttony, and war in successive letters. - The Screwtape Letters
- He threatens to start a range war over Terrill's steadfast practice of denying water to Hannassey's cattle. - The Big Country
- Morpheus explains that, in the 21st century, intelligent machines waged a war against the humans that created them. - The Matrix
- Starship Troopers takes place in the midst of an interstellar war between the Terran Federation of Earth and the Arachnids of Klendathu. - Starship Troopers
- The Dark Kingdom waged war against them, resulting in the destruction of the moon kingdom. - Sailor Moon
- The Serpent Riders thus declared the Sidhe as heretics and waged war against them. - Heretic (video game)
- The Union refuses to accept secession and no compromise is found as war approaches. - Gone with the Wind (novel)
- Also fighting in the competition are indebted gambling addict Roper (John Saxon) and fellow Vietnam war veteran Williams (Jim Kelly). - Enter the Dragon
- Just as the situation is becoming particularly heated, England declares war on Germany. - Death of a Hero
- The story is told from the viewpoint of lt Werner (Herbert Grönemeyer), who has been assigned as a war correspondent on the in October 1941. - Das Boot
- Mandrake discovers that no war order has been issued by the Pentagon and tries to stop Ripper, who locks them both in his office. - Dr. Strangelove
- He reaches Wayne Manor barely alive and sits before his father’s bust, requesting guidance in his war on crime. - Batman: Year One
- Paul's visit on leave to his home highlights the cost of the war on his psyche. - All Quiet on the Western Front
Meaning of "war" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "war" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "war" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "war"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word war below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.