How to use "whom" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "whom" in popular movie and book plots
- Sisko himself is hailed as the Emissary of the Prophets, through whom the Prophets primarily act. - Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
- I spoke to him as a brother whom I have pardoned and who has my complete trust". - Pope John Paul II
- Roget, whom Dax has forced to lead the executions, meekly apologizes to Paris for what he has done, eliciting an ambiguous response. - Paths of Glory
- Scagnetti arrives at the prison and encounters Warden Dwight McClusky, with whom he plans to murder the two criminals. - Natural Born Killers
- Amuro also meets ensign Lalah Sune with whom he falls in love, but accidentally kills when facing Char. - Mobile Suit Gundam
- Immediately, five hidden figures appear whom Ahab has brought as his own boat crew. - Moby-Dick
- Finally Marlow is left with some personal letters and a photograph of Kurtz's fiancée, whom Kurtz referred to as "My Intended" (Conrad 79). - Heart of Darkness
- Rhett heeds her words and buys Bonnie a Shetland pony, whom she names "Mr. - Gone with the Wind (novel)
- His sister, Grete, to whom he is very close, then whispers through the door and begs him to open it. - The Metamorphosis
- Paul leaves Alia, now romantically involved with Duncan, as regent for the twins, whom he has named Leto and Ghanima. - Dune Messiah
- Carrie has a beau too, fisherman Enoch Snow ("(When I Marry) Mister Snow"), to whom she is newly engaged. - Carousel (musical)
- A trigger-happy SWAT team led by Branden is sent in, whom Batman attempts to trap in the basement. - Batman: Year One
- They escape in the Batmobile, but are pursued by the Joker's men, whom Batman manages to defeat. - Batman (1989 film)
- Indeed, the only person he remains connected to is his dying mother, with whom he shares a tender, yet restrained relationship. - All Quiet on the Western Front
- The old scholar whom Alex had assaulted in Part 1 finds him and beats him, with the help of several friends. - A Clockwork Orange (novel)
- Napoleon holds a dinner party for the pigs and local farmers, with whom he celebrates a new alliance. - Animal Farm
Meaning of "whom" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "whom" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "whom" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "whom"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word whom below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.