How to use "yet" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "yet" in popular movie and book plots
- Les Soldats are a secret organization that has been a part, yet separate group of humanity. - Noir (anime)
- Instead they stumble into a dark void that Jadis recognizes as a world not yet created. - The Magician's Nephew
- The effects of this condition appear to be real, yet the Mole pulls through every time, always returning from the brink of death. - Now Wait for Last Year
- Jerome maintains that he was designed to be the best, yet wasn't, and that is the source of his suffering. - Gattaca
- The Nali and their planet have been subjugated by the Skaarj, a race of brutish yet technologically advanced reptilian humanoids. - Unreal (1998 video game)
- The event differs each time; it is often caused inexplicably and is frequently strange yet whimsical. - Teletubbies
- After Nick risks exposure yet again in one of these places, they move to the least known one, a town called Precipice. - The Shockwave Rider
- They live in small communities within large and futuristic yet slowly deteriorating buildings, doing no work and having a frugivorous diet. - The Time Machine
- Orcs find Frodo, and from their words Sam becomes aware that Frodo is yet alive. - The Lord of the Rings
- As the book ends, he has not yet found Margalo, but feels confident he will do so. - Stuart Little
- She draws a knife and seems about to kill Shirley, when the Emperor decides it is not yet time for the intruders to properly join them. - Orgy of the Dead
- Trevor is approached by a sniveling Wynyard looking for his fix, but the drugs have not yet been delivered. - Meet the Feebles
- As proof of their story, Emmy presents a copy of Terasawa's book, which has not yet been completed in the present. - Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah
- He survives and (it's implied) recovers his emotional connection to his family, to the world and to the reality of yet another chance at life. - Fearless (1993 film)
- Indeed, the only person he remains connected to is his dying mother, with whom he shares a tender, yet restrained relationship. - All Quiet on the Western Front
- In the final chapter, Alex finds himself halfheartedly preparing for yet another night of crime with a new gang (Lenn, Rick, Bully). - A Clockwork Orange (novel)
Meaning of "yet" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "yet" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "yet" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "yet"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word yet below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.